Spring is a beautiful time of year, with the trees budding and the flowers blooming. Unfortunately, it can also be a tough time for people who suffer from seasonal allergies. Pollen counts are on the rise, and that can cause some sniffling, sneezing, and stuffy noses for those with allergies. While there’s not a lot you can do about the outdoors, there are a few ways you can help improve your indoor air quality or IAQ.
You might be thinking that you don’t really need indoor air quality products because those allergens are outside. However, pollen and other allergens (like mold) can easily get into your home and wreak havoc with your spring allergies. Pollen can come in on your clothing, your shoes, and through open doors or windows. And, the damp weather during spring can help mold and mildew grow in your home. Once these allergens are inside, your HVAC system can circulate them through the air time and time again.
What can I do to keep allergens at bay inside my home?
There are a few practical things you can do when the pollen counts are high outside. You can make sure to take off your outerwear and shoes before entering your home. And, on days when the weather report indicates a high pollen count, you can keep doors and windows closed as much as possible. If mold is a problem, you can check damp areas of your home, like basements and bathrooms, and make sure there is proper air circulation and any traces of mold and mildew growth are cleaned up as soon as you notice them.
For some allergy sufferers, these measures aren’t quite enough, and they need to consider installing indoor air quality products in their homes. At Family Danz, we want you to be as comfortable as possible in your home, and we know that often means more than just helping you stay warm in the winter and cool in the summer. That’s why we offer a complete lineup of indoor air quality products to help keep the air in your home as fresh and clean as possible.
What products do you provide that can help with my home’s IAQ?
You trust Bryant® heating and air conditioning products to help you stay comfortable, no matter what the weather is like outside. Did you know that they also offer some of the best indoor air quality products as well? At Family Danz, we’re pleased to offer the following Bryant indoor air quality products to our customers:
- Evolution™ Air Purifier: Compact enough to fit in your home’s HVAC installation, this solution offers whole-home air purification by cleaning the air that flows through your system. It can trap up to 95 percent of particles and inactivates 99 percent of select airborne pathogens (such as human influenza, common cold surrogate, streptococcus pyogenes, and the murine coronavirus) using patented Captures & Kills® technology. Not to mention, it provides long-lasting MERV-15 efficiency.
- Bryant® Ventilator: Today’s airtight homes often provide no way to refresh your indoor environment. Bryant ventilators bring filtered outdoor air into your home, replacing the stale, trapped indoor air. And, unlike opening a window, ventilation systems work with your home’s HVAC system to preserve efficiency.
- Bryant® UV Lights: Because of the often-damp environment inside your air conditioning unit, it can become the perfect breeding ground for mold, mildew, and bacteria. Bryant UV lamps are designed to focus intense UV light on the cooling coil, thus killing mold and bacteria that may have formed there. Not only does this help improve indoor air quality, it helps your system operate more efficiently, too.
- Humidity Control: Whether the air in your home is too dry or too damp, Bryant has the solution. The Preferred™ Series humidifier lineup helps deliver moist air throughout your home, while the Preferred™ Series whole-home dehumidifier removes excess moisture from the indoor air.
- Preferred™ Series Carbon Monoxide Alarm: Carbon monoxide is colorless, odorless, and can be deadly. To keep your family safe from CO poisoning, it’s important to have controls in place that can alert you to a possible carbon monoxide leak. This carbon monoxide alarm uses sophisticated electronics and sensor technology to detect the CO levels in your home.
Call Family Danz for the indoor air quality products you need for your home.
If you’re ready for fresher, cleaner indoor air for your home, Family Danz is ready to assist you! We’ll help you breathe easier this spring, and all year long, with quality indoor air quality products from Bryant. Call Family Danz today at (518) 427-8685 to learn more about our complete lineup of IAQ products, and to schedule an appointment.