Summer is in full swing, and that means that you and your family are likely enjoying plenty of fun in the sun. But, when you need a reprieve from the outdoor heat, it’s nice to come home to a cool, air-conditioned house. Air conditioning can help us feel less hot and sticky, sleep better, and relax, even when the temperatures outside are soaring.
If your air conditioning system isn’t working properly, however, it can make for an uncomfortable situation for you and your household. We understand that a new air conditioning system can be an unexpected expense, but there are times when it may be more cost-effective in the long run to replace your current system. In this article, we’ll share some reasons why you may want to consider installing a new air conditioning system, and how Family Danz can help.
5 Reasons You Might Need a New AC System
- You have added space to your home. When you add space to your home, it can mean that your AC system is not large enough to handle cooling your home effectively and efficiently. Or, it can mean that the added areas don’t have access to your home’s duct system. Fortunately, this can easily be remedied without having to purchase a brand-new system – ductless cooling might provide you with the solution you need.
- Your current AC system is more than 10 years old. The older your air conditioning system gets, the less likely it is to provide you with effective and efficient cooling. This is generally caused by the usual wear and tear on the equipment from frequent use. It should be noted, however, that your system is likely to age faster if it isn’t properly maintained, so getting the appropriate annual maintenance it needs is key for helping it last longer.
- Your air conditioning system is no longer covered by the warranty. Once a system is out of warranty, it usually means it’s at an age where replacement might be the best option. That’s because the older a system gets, the more likely it will need repairs – and unfortunately, these will no longer be covered by the manufacturer warranty.
- Your AC uses a refrigerant that is no longer produced. As technology has improved, air conditioner manufacturers have developed more effective, efficient refrigerants that cause less harm to the environment. Most modern air conditioning systems use refrigerant types that don’t deplete the ozone layer, which is good for the earth and for consumers alike. However, this also means that many of the refrigerant types used in older systems are no longer produced, so system recharges can be very costly.
- You’ve needed frequent, expensive repairs lately. If you’ve had to have your system repaired on a frequent basis, and you’re spending more money than you’d like every time you have to call for repair services, it may be time to consider a system replacement. Older systems are generally not as energy-efficient as new systems, so you may actually save money in the long run by replacing an aging, failing air conditioner.
How can Family Danz help me get a new air conditioning system?
Fortunately, Family Danz can help you get a new air conditioning system when the time comes to replace your old one. We provide complete air conditioning services, including maintenance, repair, and new installations. And, we offer our customers high-quality, efficient systems that are built to help keep you cool and last for years to come. We can provide a variety of air conditioning configurations as well, including traditional central air conditioning, ductless cooling, and heat pump systems.
If you’d like to learn more about how we can help you get better cooling for your home, simply call Family Danz today at (518) 427-8685. We’ll be happy to talk to you about our complete lineup of air conditioning products and services and schedule an appointment with you at your convenience.