Many homes, both older and modern, feature seasonal rooms that allow for spectacular views and a great area to unwind after a long day at work. However, during the heat of the summer, these rooms can be a bit uncomfortable. Often, these rooms don’t have access to the home’s duct system, so central air conditioning might not reach them. Fans and window AC are options, but these may not cool the space effectively and efficiently. Fortunately, there is an option that can make your seasonal room a comfortable haven – ductless cooling.
Ductless cooling is a great choice for areas that don’t have access to your home’s duct system, like seasonal rooms, additions, converted attics or garages, or finished basements. Unlike other room cooling options, like window or portable air conditioning, ductless systems don’t take up living space, obstruct views, or create uncomfortable noise levels. In this article, we’ll explain how ductless can be beneficial, and how it can help you better enjoy all the spaces in your home.
Five Reasons to Choose Ductless Cooling
As we said above, ductless cooling can help you enjoy quiet comfort that doesn’t take up window or floor space. That in and of itself is a great reason to consider ductless over traditional window air conditioning. But there are other additional benefits that might surprise you.
- Ductless cooling is energy efficient. Ductless systems utilize heat pumps to work, which makes them highly energy-efficient. And because ductless cooling can help balance spaces in your home where your central AC might not reach, it can help your main system operate more efficiently, too.
- Ductless can help with indoor air quality. Ductless systems are great at filtering out particles that might be floating around in your indoor air, such as dust, dander, and pollen. Generally speaking, the filters are easy to remove and clean, allowing you and your family to enjoy fresher air.
- Ductless systems blend into your home décor. Because they are mounted high on walls or on ceilings, your ductless system won’t block your views or take up floor space like other room air conditioning systems.
- Ductless AC systems are easy to control. Most are controlled via remote, so anyone using the room can adjust the temperature easily at the touch of a button! Some ductless systems are WiFi-enabled, allowing you to control your system from your smartphone or laptop.
- Many ductless systems can provide heating, too. If you have a room in your home that you don’t use when it gets too hot or too cold outside, a ductless system can make that a thing of the past. There are ductless systems available that can provide both heating and cooling, so you and your family can enjoy all the spaces in your home all year long!
For energy-efficient comfort throughout your entire home, ductless is a great choice.
As you can see, there are many reasons homeowners are choosing ductless systems for room air conditioning. What’s more, many utility companies offer rebates for ductless systems, because they are so energy-efficient and can help the home’s entire HVAC system work more efficiently, too. If you’d like to learn more about how ductless systems can help you and your family enjoy greater comfort – and save money on your energy bills – all you need to do is contact Family Danz. We’ll be more than happy to tell you more about ductless cooling and heating products, and how we can help you enjoy better home comfort. Just give us a call at 518.427.8685, and we’ll be glad to schedule an appointment with you!