Have you noticed that the air conditioning system you have installed in your home has been struggling this summer? Maybe you’re having a hard time keeping your home as cool as you’d like. Or, maybe you’ve noticed that your energy bills are skyrocketing for no apparent reason. If you’re concerned that your AC system isn’t operating up to par, you might be wondering if it’s time for repairs – or a replacement.
At Family Danz, it’s important to us that we share with you the information you need to make an informed decision. We never take your home comfort lightly – we strive to ensure that you and your family are always comfortable, energy-efficient and safe. So, when it comes time to consider replacing the air conditioning system in your home, there are a few telltale signs that a new installation may be the right choice.
Five Signs You May Need to Replace Your AC
- Your air conditioning system has needed frequent, expensive repairs. This is perhaps the strongest indicator that you likely should consider replacing your system. If you need to repair your system often, and those repairs come with a high price tag, it probably will be more cost-effective for you to replace your system.
- Your AC is more than 10 years old and/or uses an obsolete refrigerant. The older your air conditioning system is, the more likely it will be less efficient, and need repairs. As AC systems move past 10 years, the likelihood they will need to be replaced becomes higher. And, older systems that use obsolete refrigerants, like Freon, are more expensive to repair and maintain.
- Your utility bills have been on the rise. Of course, we can expect that the cost of utilities is going to increase a bit year over year. But if your utilities have risen and energy costs aren’t the factor, it’s likely your AC system is working harder than it should be to keep your home cool.
- Your home is simply not as cool and comfortable as you’d like. If you’ve noticed a marked change in the level of comfort of your home over the past couple of years, it’s likely your system is simply not operating efficiently and effectively. This is especially important to note if you’ve regularly maintained your system. (Incidentally, if you haven’t, you might want to call for maintenance, as a dirty system could be the problem.)
- You have made changes to the size of your home. Many people don’t realize that if they add square footage to their home, they may also need to make changes to their home comfort system. Additions, or using spaces in your home that previously were not inhabited (like a converted garage or finished basement) may mean you need to replace your AC system or enhance your system with a ductless unit in that space.
Not sure if you should repair or replace? Family Danz can help.
If you have questions about your air conditioning system, and would like to know whether you need a repair or a replacement, Family Danz can help. We can determine if your current system still has life in it, or if you should be thinking about installing a new system. From there, we’ll work with you for the best possible solutions.
Just give us a call at (518) 427-8685 and we’ll be glad to help you with your needs.