June has arrived, and with it, the season of celebration. From graduation parties and anniversaries, to a backyard barbecue that will create special memories for years to come, a successful celebration doesn’t have to be complicated. Of course, some careful planning in advance will help your party go much more smoothly – along with a little help from friends and family.
If a party is in your near future, here are a few simple steps you can take to make the process go much easier:
- Create a budget. This is the first step for successful planning, because it will dictate every action you take from here on out. Know how much you want to allocate for food, the space where you want to hold the party, any favors you’ll offer your guests, any help you may need, and any activities. Make sure to add a bit more as a cushion, because sometimes costs add up unexpectedly.
- Choose your date, time and location: If you choose to hold the party at home, make sure you have adequate seating and tables. You may also want to consider tents in case of rain. Or, think about holding the party in another area, like a community center or banquet hall. Once you’ve squared away this information, you’ll be able to send out invites or set up your event on social media.
- Build your menu. Depending on the type of party, you might need anything from cake and punch to a full buffet. If you’re having a backyard grilling session, you’ll need to make sure you have meats and veggies for grilling, as well as salads, chips, fruit and veggie platters and plenty of drinks. An anniversary celebration might entail a few hors d’oeuvre trays, punch, champagne and of course, a lovely cake. Your menu will depend on the type of party and your budget.
- Consider your decorations. Again, this is highly dependent on the party you’re planning. Grad parties can incorporate school colors, anniversary celebrations can be simple and elegant, using colors based on the year (gold, silver, etc.), and backyard barbecues might not need any decorations at all, unless you want to fun it up with a theme, like a tiki or tropical party.
- Ask for help in advance. You will likely need some assistance – don’t think you can do it all by yourself, or you won’t be able to enjoy the party yourself, or your guests. De-stress the situation by asking friends and family if they would mind helping out, and assigning them specific duties, like keeping snacks and drinks replenished or helping to greet guests. Consider hiring some help for set-up, serving or clean-up.
- Have a few activities planned. Choose a few participation-optional activities like quick games or a photo booth. If children are invited to the party, you might consider some yard games, a bouncy house, and a treat bag with items that will keep them occupied.
Make sure your home is a comfortable retreat, too.
If you’re planning a party at home, make sure you have some indoor space people can enjoy in case the weather is hotter than expected. You’ll know your air conditioning system will be running perfectly for your guests when you count on Family Danz to help. We’ll provide you with the AC maintenance you need to be company-ready this summer. Just give us a call at (518) 427-8685 and we’ll be happy to help.