Do you have a space in your home that you wish you could use more during the winter months? For people with seasonal rooms, converted areas like attics or garages, or additions, heating those rooms during the colder times of the year can be challenging. Many people resort to using space heaters, which can take up floor space and can cause injury or fire. You should know, however, that you can keep those spaces comfortable, both safely and efficiently, with ductless heating.
Ductless heating is perfect for those areas in your home that don’t have access to your HVAC system’s ductwork, like the spaces mentioned above. Additionally, if you’ve been considering replacing old, inefficient electric baseboard heat throughout your home, ductless heating can be an ideal option. In this article, we’ll share some of the benefits of ductless heating, and explain to you how Family Danz can help you get it for your home. Keep reading to learn more!
5 Benefits of Ductless Heating
In the past, many homeowners in northern climates like New York did not use ductless heating because it was not an effective choice during the coldest months. However, advanced technology has allowed for ductless heat pump systems that can function well in cold climates. Below are five benefits of ductless heating you can expect to enjoy:
- Multiple Configurations: Whether you need to heat just one room or your entire home, ductless heating can get the job done. It offers an effective alternative for space heating but is also available in multiple units that can be installed throughout your home for an all-over heating solution – perfect for homes that do not have ductwork.
- Energy Efficiency: Ductless heating systems tend to be highly efficient. Unlike traditional furnaces or boilers, they don’t use fossil fuels to heat your home. Instead, they operate using heat pump technology, which extracts heat from the outdoor air and pumps it into your home. And, they are far more efficient than outdated electric baseboard heat – the Department of Energy suggests that ductless systems can reduce your electricity use for heating by up to 65 percent!
- Safety: An unfortunate fact about space heaters is that they can cause safety concerns, especially those that burn fuel, such as kerosene heaters. These types of heaters can cause burns, as they are usually on the floor and within reach of children and pets. Additionally, they can emit carbon monoxide if not properly vented and can cause fires. Ductless heating does not burn fuel and is generally installed high on a wall or ceiling, keeping it clear of your home’s living space.
- Ease of Operation: Ductless heating systems are easy to operate, and most use a handheld remote to adjust the temperature. Because they can be installed throughout your home in different areas, or zones, you can get targeted comfort for each area. And, they are easy to maintain. The unit is easy to clean with a damp cloth, and the filter is removable for ease of cleaning. Like any other type of HVAC equipment, yearly maintenance by a professional technician is recommended.
- Year-Round Comfort: As a bonus, many ductless heating systems can also double as air conditioning systems in the summer months. During warmer weather, the heat pump will extract the heat from the indoor air and pump it outside. This makes ductless an effective and much more efficient alternative to window or portable air conditioners.
How can Family Danz help me decide if ductless heating is right for my home?
As a Mitsubishi Diamond Contractor, Family Danz is pleased to offer professional ductless mini-split heating installation in Albany, Schenectady, Troy, Saratoga, and the surrounding areas. When you need premiere quality ductless mini-split heating in the Capital Region, call Family Danz Heating & Cooling at (518) 427-8685. We’ll tell you about the different options for ductless heating and cooling, and help you find the solution that best suits your needs.