Summer has arrived, and that means the outdoor temperatures will likely continue to rise. While many of us look forward to summer fun in the sun, when the heat and humidity start to peak, we often look for ways to cool down and stay comfortable. In this article, we’ll give you some tips on keeping cool during the summer heat, and how Family Danz is always ready to help. Keep reading to learn more!
10 Ways to Stay Cool During the Summer Heat
Most people look forward to the summer weather, but when the heat becomes a little bit too intense, there are a few things you can do to stay more comfortable:
- Close your blinds or window shades. Keeping your blinds closed during the time of day when the sun is at its strongest can help to significantly cool your home.
- Block the heat using foliage or awnings. If you don’t have many shade trees or shrubs around your house, consider planting some. You can also install awnings or shutters on your windows to help block the sun’s heat.
- Adjust your home’s ceiling fans. In the summer, you should run your ceiling fans counterclockwise to help circulate the cool air throughout your home. Reverse it in the winter to stay warmer.
- Close outside doors and seal gaps around windows and doors. Make sure to keep outside doors closed as much as possible to keep the cool air from escaping. You can also seal any gaps around your doors and windows with caulk or weatherstripping to help keep the cool air in.
- Use portable fans. Fans can be a great way to help keep you cool in the summer. You can use box fans, ceiling fans, or even handheld fans to circulate the air and help you stay cool.
- Take a cool shower or bath. If you’re feeling hot, a cool shower or bath can help to cool you down. No time for a bath or shower? Use a wet washcloth to wipe down your face, neck, and arms.
- Drink plenty of fluids. It’s important to stay hydrated when it’s hot outside. Water is your best option, but if you’re feeling dehydrated, consider a sports drink to help restore your body’s fluid levels.
- Avoid overexertion during the hottest part of the day. If you can, avoid strenuous activity during the hottest part of the day, which is usually between 11am and 3pm. If you do have to work or exercise during this time, make sure to take breaks to cool down.
- Wear loose-fitting, light-colored clothing. Loose-fitting, light-colored clothing made from natural fibers like cotton will help your body stay cool. Avoid wearing dark-colored clothing, as it will absorb the heat from the sun.
- Make sure your air conditioning system is running smoothly. An air conditioner is one of the best ways to help keep your home – and you and your family – cool and comfortable when the weather is at its hottest. You can keep it in good condition by getting annual maintenance from Family Danz.
I don’t have an air conditioning system in my home. Can Family Danz help?
If you don’t have an air conditioning system in your home, Family Danz can help. We offer many different types of air conditioning systems, including traditional central air conditioning, heat pumps, and ductless cooling systems. So, no matter what type of home you have or what your home cooling needs may be, we are able to help you choose the perfect air conditioning solution. And, we install quality air conditioning products, so you’ll be able to rely on your AC system for years to come. Not to mention, we work hard to help our customers save money on home comfort products and services – check with us to see if we have any rebates or incentives available.
Whether you need air conditioning maintenance, repair, or a brand-new system installation to help you stay cool this summer, Family Danz is ready to assist you. We will always look out for your best interest and provide exceptional air conditioning services and products of the highest quality to ensure expected comfort and safety. Simply call us at (518) 427-8685 and we will be happy to schedule an appointment with you.
Just give us a call at (518) 427-8685, and we will be glad to assist you. Contact Family Danz