Warehouse Employee Job
WAREHOUSE WORKER/DELIVERY DRIVER
Family Danz Mechanical is Growing Again!
The job of Warehouse Worker/Delivery Driver was established for the purpose/s of coordinating and participating in the receipt,
storage, loading and unloading, delivery, and inventory of materials, supplies, equipment; ensuring specifications, quantity and
quality of orders are correct; verifying stock and identifying losses; maintaining and organized warehouse layout; and
ensuring safe operation of vehicles.
This job is distinguished by the following characteristics: incumbents in this position perform assignments under general
supervision within a framework of well-defined policies, procedure and timeframe.
This job reports to Warehouse Manager
- Conducts physical inventories for the purpose of verifying stock and identifying losses.
- Drives vehicles for the purpose of transporting orders and materials to designated sites.
- Loads delivery vehicles for the purpose of ensuring that all items and supplies are properly secured.
- Maintains and cleans warehouse facilities as assigned for the purpose of keeping them in orderly, clean and safe condition.
- Maintains various files and records (e.g. logs, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, and providing materials and reliable resource information.
- Maintains vehicles (e.g. checking fluid levels, fueling, cleaning, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring safe operation of vehicle.
- Prepares orders by pulling from stock for the purpose of meeting delivery requirements.
- Processes a variety of documents and/or materials to appropriate parties and/or ensuring the proper storage of materials
- Receives stock and non-stock items for the purpose of ensuring specifications, quantity and quality of orders are correct and/or inspecting items for damage.
- Responds to inquiries of staff and vendors for the purpose of providing information and/or direction regarding the status of deliveries, and/or reporting discrepancies to appropriate personnel.
- Stocks equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining required inventory levels.
- Unloads items for the purpose of distributing shipment to assigned site locations and/or individuals.
- Assists other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications:
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
SKILLS are required to perform multiple tasks with a potential need to upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skill-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: adhering to safety practices; handling materials; operating equipment used in warehouse/delivery activities; preparing and maintaining accurate records; and operating standard office equipment including using pertinent software applications.
KNOWLEDGE is required to perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percents, and/or ratios; understand written procedures, write routine documents, and speak clearly; and solve practical problems. Specific knowledge-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: safety practices and procedures; and warehousing software applications.
ABILITY is required to schedule activities and/or meetings; gather, collate, and/or classify data; and consider a variety of factors when using equipment. Flexibility is required to work with others in a variety of circumstances; work with data utilizing defined and similar processes; and operate equipment using standardized methods. Ability is also required to work with a diversity of individuals and/or groups; work with similar types of data; and utilize a variety of types of job-related equipment. Problem solving is required to identify issues and create action plans. Problem solving with data may require independent interpretation; and problem solving with equipment is moderate. Specific ability-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: communicating with diverse groups; adapting to changing work priorities; meeting deadlines and schedules; and working as part of a team; lift, carry, push, pull or guide up to 50 pounds individually or more than 50 pounds with assistance.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: significant lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; frequent climbing and balancing; frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally, the job requires 35% sitting, 20% walking, and 45% standing. The job is performed under some temperature extremes and under conditions with some exposure to risk of injury and/or illness.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
Certificates & Licenses
- Valid Driver’s License
- Forklift Operator's Certificate