As always, it seems like summer just flew by, and it’s once again time for back to school – and back to routine. Of course, fall means that cooler weather is on its way, too. Before you know it, you’ll probably be shutting down the air conditioning for the season and thinking about home heating again. Is your furnace ready for the cooler weather ahead? It will be, if you get it the annual maintenance it needs.
Annual maintenance is an important part of your fall routine. Just like you change the batteries in your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors in the fall, getting your furnace checked out by a professional is something that should be on your fall to-do list. There are many reasons why fall maintenance is important, but unfortunately many people often neglect it. But is it really a big deal? What problems might occur if you choose to bypass furnace maintenance?
Neglecting furnace maintenance can be a costly mistake.
Sometimes, people avoid annual maintenance because they don’t think the expense is worth it, especially if their furnace is running okay. But there are a few problems that can occur when you don’t get your furnace the maintenance it needs – some that you may not have considered.
- Your furnace can run less efficiently. Furnace components can gather dust, dirt and grime, and filters can easily clog up. Both of these factors can make your furnace work harder, and in the long run, use more energy. And that can be costly when it comes to your utility bills.
- Minor issues can go unnoticed. As furnaces age, it becomes more likely that there are occasional small repairs that need to be made. Unfortunately, without proper maintenance these issues can go unchecked – leading to larger, more expensive repairs down the road.
- You could void your warranty. Many times, manufacturers require that customers get annual maintenance on their home comfort systems in order to keep the warranty intact. Failure to do so could void the warranty – and end up costing you in expensive repairs or replacement down the road.
- Your heating system might not last as long. Think about it – what if you never changed the oil in your car, or put on new tires? You probably wouldn’t expect your car to last as long as it could. The same goes for your furnace. It needs periodic tune-ups and checkups in order to work effectively, and to last for a long time.
- You could suffer from poor indoor air quality. If your furnace is collecting gunk and your filter is dirty, it only stands to reason that all that dust and debris will end up floating around the air in your home every time the furnace runs. That can cause your home to be less clean, and is especially a problem for allergy sufferers.
The good news? You can get the fall maintenance you need by calling Family Danz.
At Family Danz, your comfort is our priority. That’s why we’re pleased to offer you the furnace maintenance you need to ensure your equipment is running effectively and efficiently. To schedule your fall maintenance appointment with us, simply give us a call at 518.427.8685, and we’ll be happy to help.