Once the spring season arrives, many homeowners start to think about how they can take advantage of the better weather for home improvements. Some get to work on updating lawn, garden and patio spaces, while other people replace doors and windows. Some homeowners use the better weather as a time for home remodeling. If you’ve been thinking about turning an unused room in your home into livable space, you’ll also want to consider how best to keep it comfortable.
Whether you’re creating a craft or hobby room, a guest bedroom, a home theater space, or even a cozy den or library area, you’ll want to ensure that your bonus room is as comfortable as possible. Unfortunately, bonus rooms in areas of the home like attics, basements, or garages may not be connected to the home’s ductwork system. The good news is, you won’t have to resort to clunky window air conditioning to keep it cool – ductless air conditioning offers the perfect solution.
What is ductless air conditioning?
Ductless air conditioning is a type of home cooling system that does not require access to air ducts in order to operate. Ductless systems generally use heat pump technology, which means they extract the heat from the indoor air and pump it outside. The indoor unit is attached to the outdoor unit using small-diameter piping, so homeowners don’t need to worry about extensive, messy construction. Technicians are able to install a ductless unit within a day or two in most homes.
What are some benefits of ductless AC?
You might be wondering if there are any real advantages to ductless air conditioning over window AC. Here are a few reasons why we recommend it for rooms with no ductwork:
- Energy efficiency: Ductless AC uses heat pump technology to cool your space, making it much more efficient than window air conditioning.
- Safety: Ductless units are mounted high on the wall or ceiling, so you don’t have to worry about them toppling out of a window or obstructing your view.
- Improved Indoor Air Quality: Ductless units filter the air as it circulates throughout the room, so many homeowners notice cleaner, fresher indoor air. Cleaning the filter monthly is simple, and guarantees fresh airflow.
- Quiet Operation: If you’ve ever been in a room with window air conditioning, you know how noisy and obtrusive it can be. Ductless systems are whisper-quiet, making them perfect for bedrooms and home theater spaces.
- Year-Round Comfort: One of the biggest advantages of ductless is that many configurations also offer heating in the winter. You won’t have to worry about a space heater taking up valuable floor space, and you’ll enjoy highly efficient heating.
Can Family Danz help me get ductless for my bonus room?
If you’re planning to convert an unused area of your home into livable space this spring or summer, Family Danz can help you get the home comfort equipment you need. We’re pleased to offer our customers high-quality ductless products, installed by our professional technicians. If you’d like to learn more about how we can help you get better cooling for your home, give us a call at (518) 427-8685. We’ll be happy to schedule an appointment with you at your convenience.