Nobody wants to think about their furnace, boiler, or other type of heating system having trouble when the weather turns chilly. Unfortunately, though, it seems like heating equipment often breaks down when the temperatures outside dip below freezing. And that can leave you and your family cold and uncomfortable while waiting for repairs.
There are, however, a few signs that your heating equipment will often give you before it breaks down completely. In this article, we’ll share five of these warning signs, and how Family Danz can help you get the repairs you need. Keep reading to learn more!
5 Ways Your Heating System Will Let You Know It Needs Repair
- You notice cold spots throughout your home. This can mean a variety of things, and sometimes it’s not a direct problem with your heating system, but with your ductwork or thermostat. It’s best to have a professional check it out in order to rule out any mechanical concerns.
- There is an unpleasant odor when your system operates. If you smell odors like burning plastic or rubber coming from your heating system, it’s likely that there are components (such as belts) that need replacement. If it’s a burning or gaseous odor, or if you see smoke coming from your equipment, you should leave your home immediately and call 911, as your equipment could be on fire or there could be a gas leak.
- Your heating system is making unusual noises. Popping or pinging noises from a boiler system, or squealing noises from a furnace, are your heating equipment’s way of letting you know something is amiss. Any time your system makes strange noises, having it serviced is a safe bet.
- You cannot seem to get comfortable. Either you find yourself adjusting the thermostat constantly, or feeling too hot in some rooms and too cold in others. Maybe you’ve noticed that your heating system simply is not working as effectively as it once did. No matter what the scenario, if your heating system isn’t keeping you comfy, there could be bigger issues, and it’s a good idea to call Family Danz.
- Your energy bills are higher than they should be. We all know that utility bills are usually higher than we’d like them to be. But if your energy bills have been increasing steadily for no apparent reason, your heating equipment could be using more energy than necessary to operate. While it may be as simple as your system needing a good cleaning, you still should have it checked out by a professional.
If you’re experiencing any of these concerns in your home, you should give Family Danz a call as soon as possible. We can check out your heating system and make any necessary repairs before the problem becomes a larger, and often more expensive, one.
How can Family Danz help if my heater needs to be serviced?
At Family Danz, we’re pleased to offer a complete listing of heating services to our customers. We offer maintenance and repair, as well as the installation of high-quality Bryant heating equipment. If you’d like to learn more about how we can help with your heating needs, give Family Danz Heating & Cooling a call at (518) 427-8685. We’ll tell you about our different heating services, and help you find the solution that best suits your needs.