Whether you’re inviting over your closest friends for Friendsgiving this year, or want to create an inviting, yet chaos-free table for your family Thanksgiving, keeping it simple is best for stress-free festivities. We’re offering seven steps for creating easy but elegant place settings courtesy of Grateful, as well as providing a few tips on how you can keep it easy but still create a beautiful space for your holiday meal.
Seven Steps to Create a Perfect Place Setting
- At each place at the table, center your charger and place the dinner plate on top.
- Place the dinner fork to the left of the charger.
- Place the napkin to the left of the dinner fork.
- To the right of the charger, place the knife first by the plate, and then the soup spoon.
- At the top of the charger, place the dessert fork, and then the dessert spoon.
- Place the water glass directly above the knife and soup spoon.
- Place the wine or juice glass just below the water glass, a bit to the left.
Decorate your table with pops of color.
Is your tableware a solid color? Then you can easily decorate with bursts of fall color here and there. Choose a brightly colored table runner and a bold centerpiece, and color-coordinate your napkins around it. You can go au naturel with your setting, choosing leaves, gourds, pinecones and twigs. Or go bold with taper candles surrounded by baubles in shades of red, orange and yellow, or a modern floral display. Make it your own!
And, you can make sure your home is ready for the holidays with Family Danz.
Of course, your guests’ comfort is always a top priority for you. And your comfort is always a top priority for us! Make sure your heating system is ready for the holiday season ahead by trusting your maintenance and repair needs to Family Danz. Simply call us at 518.427.8685 or contact us online and we will be happy to help.