Autumn is the most colorful time of the year, and most people enjoy getting their homes ready for the fall season by adding a decorative flair to their outdoor areas. We’re outlining the five essential items you need for fall decorating, as well as providing you with a few tips on how you can make the most of them.
Here are the items you need to create a beautiful outdoor display this autumn:
- Pumpkins: What would fall decorating be without pumpkins? You don’t need to turn them into jack-o-lanterns for them to leave an impression on your porch, either. Choose a variety of shapes, sizes and colors to create an eye-pleasing arrangement. Incorporate a few gourds and a white pumpkin or two for even more visual pop.
- Fall Foliage: Most of us know, leaves are not in short supply this time of year. While doing your raking, look for leaves that are in good shape and in a variety of colors. Rub them with a little bit of hand lotion to help preserve them and enhance their color and shine. Then use them to create a beautiful wreath, or simply place them in a wooden or wicker bowl and set them on an outdoor table.
- Mums: Mums are always a fall favorite when it comes to flowers. They’re available in numerous colors and even sizes, so you can enjoy a variety. Not to mention, they’re hearty, so you should be able to enjoy them all throughout fall. Consider carving out a pumpkin and using it as a planter for one of your mums for an eye-catching display.
- Corn Stalks: Corn stalks at the front door provide a lovely fall welcome to visitors at your home. You can also place corn stalks in a window box with a few gourds and some foliage for a pretty autumnal arrangement once your summer flowers fade.
- Autumnal Garland: You can find many fall decorating pieces, like fall-themed garlands, at just about any retail location this time of year. Or you can opt to make one yourself using dried corn, fall foliage and more. Display a garland draped over your door, wrapped around porch posts or a lamp post, or along a fence.
And, stay cozy inside your home with Family Danz.
Family Danz wants you to love your home, inside and out. Trust us with your fall heating needs, whether you need furnace maintenance or repair, or oil delivered to your home, we’re here to help. Just give us a call at 518.427.8685 and let us know how we can assist you!