Most people bring some resolutions into the New Year that they hope to fulfill. Often, improving diet, exercise and weight top the list of those resolutions. Eating healthier doesn’t mean you have to resign yourself to smoothies and celery sticks, though. There are many options available when you’re looking for ways to eat better and improve your diet. The recipe we’re sharing with you is full of fresh herbs, vegetables and whole grains. Perfect for lunch or as a side dish with dinner, we think this farro salad recipe from Giada De Laurentis will give you a whole new – and delicious – perspective on what it means to eat healthier.
- 4 cups water
- 10 oz. farro (about 1 ½ cups)
- 2 tsp. salt (more to taste)
- 1 lb. chopped and seeded tomatoes
- ½ sweet onion
- ¼ cup snipped fresh chives
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Combine water and farro in medium saucepan, and add salt. Bring to boil over high heat, then reduce to medium-low and cover. Simmer for about 30 minutes, or until farro is tender. Drain well, and then cool in a large bowl.
- Next, add tomatoes, onion, chives and parsley to farro. Toss to combine.
- In medium bowl, whisk together garlic, vinegar, salt (to taste), pepper and olive oil. Add this vinaigrette to the farro mixture and toss to coat thoroughly.
- You may refrigerate this salad overnight. Bring to room temperature before serving.
At Family Danz, our New Year’s resolution is simple – we want to keep working harder to provide you with the very best HVAC services in the area. Our goal is to never stop improving on what we offer to you, our valued customer. No matter what your comfort need may be, you can count on us to help. Just call 518-427-8685 and we will be more than happy to assist you.