It’s good for our environment
Helping create a cleaner and greener future.
- Biodiesel is non-toxic, biodegradable, and is essentially free of sulfur and other impurities.
- When comparing the energy it takes to bring biodiesel to market versus conventional heating oil, biodiesel reduces the carbon dioxide impact by up to 78 percent.
- Biodiesel reduces the effects of global warming.
- If every house switched to a B5 blend of Bioheat®, it would reduce petroleum consumption by up to 500 million gallons.
- A 500 million gallon reduction is equivalent to taking around 700,000 of the roads!
It’s good for our homes
Adding efficiency and leaving cleaner indoor air without changing your equipment.
- Conventional heating oil contains sulfur, and impurities that can create soot and other harmful emissions.
- Impurities can foul a furnace and reduce its efficiency, and also can also lodge more deeply into lungs contributing to asthma and other pollution-related illness.
- Bioheat® burns more cleanly since sulfur and hydrocarbon impurities are absent from biodiesel.
- Bioheat® acts as both a cleaning agent and lubricant to help furnaces operate more effectively.