Even though Old Man Winter has been hanging around for a while now, before you know it spring will arrive and (hopefully) so will the return to warmer weather. March is a great time to start preparing your home for the spring season ahead, so that once those nice days return, you’ll have time to spend outdoors enjoying the milder temperatures.
Winter can last for a long time in our part of the country, and with many of us having central, forced-air heating in our homes, it’s always a good idea to get ready for spring by giving our house a good interior cleaning. Dusting, washing curtains, and deep-cleaning carpets and flooring can help get rid of dust, dirt and grime that’s settled in over the winter months. Wiping down the walls and ushering out the dust bunnies that might have gathered in corners and under furniture is a good idea, too.
But besides a good spring cleaning, what else can you do to prepare your home for milder days ahead? In addition to an interior cleaning, here are a few more ideas that can help get your home ready for spring.
Click for full size infographic, or read on below.
Five Ways to Get Your Home Ready for Spring
- Get your patio ready for outdoor fun. Clear it of any leaves, twigs or debris that might have collected there over the winter. It’s also a good time to give your patio furniture a good cleaning, and make sure your grill is ready for those warm-weather cookouts.
- Clean out your gutters. Gutters can be a collection point for leaves, pine needles, debris and other gunk over the winter months. Remove as much as you can with gloved hands, and then hose out anything remaining. (You will want a helper for this task. If you’re not comfortable on a ladder, hire a professional to help – your safety is most important!)
- Wash your windows. Washing your windows inside and out eliminates any dust and dirt that has gathered there over the winter, and literally lets the sunshine in!
- Change out your lightbulbs. As the landscape around us starts to get greener, so can your home! Taking some simple steps like replacing old incandescent bulbs with higher-efficiency LEDs can help you save energy, and keep the planet green.
- Call your HVAC company for spring maintenance. There are many reasons why it’s always a good idea to have your air conditioning checked out in the spring, the main one being assurance that it will work properly once the heat of summer hits. Not to mention, maintenance will help it run more efficiently, last longer, and keep your warranty valid.
Trust Family Danz for the spring AC maintenance you need.
You can check air conditioning maintenance off your spring-cleaning to-do list by giving Family Danz a call. We’ll get your maintenance appointment scheduled so your AC system won’t miss a beat once the warm weather arrives. Simply give us a call at 518.427.8685 and we’ll be happy to assist you.
The Best Way to Get Started is by Contacting Family Danz Today
Call Family Danz at (518) 427-8685 or complete one of our online forms. A representative will find you the best available options for your home and your budget.