Over the past couple of decades, technology has taken us to places we could only ever imagine. Who would have guessed most of us would be carrying around a tiny device that would work as a computer, phone and camera, all the time? Or that we’d be talking to our artificial intelligence friends, Siri and Alexa, on a daily basis? The world of home comfort has also joined the smart home bandwagon, offering smart thermostats that change the way we heat and cool our homes.
Smart thermostats like ecobee and Nest are leading the way in home comfort innovation, as well as specialized smart thermostats that work seamlessly with certain brands of equipment, such as the Bryant Evolution™ Connex™ thermostat. How can a smart thermostat benefit you and your family? Here are five ways you might not have considered.
Five Reasons to Get Smart
- More control over your home’s heating and cooling systems. With a smart thermostat, you can precisely control your heating and cooling systems, so that you get optimal comfort in the spaces you occupy the most. And, many smart thermostats “learn” the habits of you and your family, so temperatures can change based on activities, such as at home, away, or sleeping.
- Better efficiency. Because you’ll have better control over your home comfort systems, they’ll operate more efficiently. Because these systems “know” when you’re occupying a space, not home, or sleeping, they’ll automatically adjust comfort levels, which will help save energy – and money on your utility bills.
- Simple to use. Unlike programmable thermostats of the past, which can be a little complex to program, smart thermostats are, like the name suggests, intuitive and do most of the programming work for you. And because many are easy to access via smart phone, you’ll have access to them at your fingertips.
- Control from wherever, whenever. Like we said above, there’s an app for that – your smart thermostat, that is. That means you’ll be able to control your system from your smart phone, laptop or desktop computer, whether you’re home or not. You’ll also be alerted to any issues with your home comfort system, so you can take care of any problems right away, before they become larger, more expensive ones.
- Connectivity with other smart devices. Many smart thermostats work with your home’s other smart devices, providing you with easier, more automated living. Some smart thermostats even connect to your virtual home assistant, so you can easily ask your device to turn up the heat or air conditioning, or turn it down.
Where can I find a smart thermostat for my home?
That one’s easy! Just contact Family Danz and we will be more than happy to help you learn more about smart thermostats. What’s more, we’ll help you find the right one for your home, and install it for you too! Simply give us a call at 518.427.8685 and we’ll be happy to assist you.
Click below to download our smart thermostat infographic, and be sure to share with friends!