You know that something like a water main break or a burst pipe can cause significant damage to your home. But you might not think that a small leak in the kitchen or bathroom is as much of an issue. However, small leaks can, over time, wreak havoc. If you have even a tiny leak in your home, you should never ignore it. Having a qualified plumber come in and fix the problem is key, for a number of reasons.
Small plumbing leaks can cause huge concerns in your home, so getting them taken care of as soon as possible is important. Here are a few reasons why:
- Property Values: When your home shows signs of water damage, it becomes less valuable. That’s why you should always act at the first sign of a plumbing leak – an early response can help keep the damage to a minimum, so you can make any necessary repairs quickly and retain the value of your home.
- Structural Issues: Water leaks can cause some major structural problems in your home. From warped, damaged drywall to wood rot, having a plumbing leak is never ideal. Stained, discolored ceilings and walls – and growth of unwanted pathogens – affect the integrity of your home.
- Mold & Mildew: Of course, plumbing leaks cause pockets of unwanted dampness in your home. And that dampness can become a breeding ground for mold, mildew, bacteria and fungus. All of these pathogens can cause not only unsightly streaking and staining, but also can lead to health concerns.
It can be difficult, however, to know if you have a plumbing leak. Look for:
- Musty odors
- Discolored spots on ceilings or walls
- Saggy ceilings or walls
- Dampness under sinks or around toilets
- Small puddles or pools of water in the basement
- Mold or mildew growth on walls
If you notice any of these plumbing leak signs, don’t despair – just be sure to call Family Danz right away. Our expert plumbing technicians know what to look for, and can help you in the event of leaking plumbing in your home. Just give us a call at (518) 427-8685, and we’ll be happy to assist you with your concerns.