Summer’s here, and that means you’re probably excited to get grilling. Having friends and family over for a cookout is a fun, relaxing way to spend the day. And, it doesn’t have to be a lot of hassle, either. We’re sharing a recipe from Brown Eyed Baker that will make dessert easy – and fun! It’s a take on that summer favorite, the s’more, but it’s easily prepared in minutes right in your kitchen. Just a few ingredients and 10 minutes of prep time is all you need for S’mores Bars – but we think they’ll probably disappear even faster!
Golden Graham S’mores Bars
- 8 cups Golden Grahams cereal
- 5 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 ½ cups milk chocolate chips
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- 5 tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 additional cup miniature marshmallows
- Using butter, grease a 9”x13 “ baking dish and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place measured cereal in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the 5 cups of marshmallows, chocolate, corn syrup and butter. Microwave in 30-second increments, stirring after each, until mixture is completely melted and smooth. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour the melted mixture over cereal, and using a buttered spatula or wooden spoon; gently stir until all of the cereal is coated. Stir in the additional cup of marshmallows.
- Turn mixture into prepared pan. With buttered hands, press mixture evenly into pan, pushing it into a flat, even layer. Let set at room temperature 1 hour, or refrigerate if you need them to firm up faster. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days (they won’t last that long.)
Don’t let your outdoor party be ruined by an indoor plumbing problem – make sure your home is guest-ready by calling Family Danz. We can take care of any plumbing concern you might have, so you can relax and enjoy your cookout worry-free! We offer a full suite of plumbing services throughout the Capital District. If you’re in need of assistance, give us a call at (518) 427-8685.