The summer months are right around the corner, and that means before you know it, you’ll be relying on the air conditioning in your Schenectady home to keep you cool and comfortable. But maybe last summer you found that your air conditioning system didn’t keep you as cool as you would have liked. Or, maybe you were faced with an astronomical expense every time the utility bill arrived. If your current air conditioning system is performing as well as it should, it’s probably time to have it thoroughly checked by an expert like Family Danz.
At Family Danz, we make it our priority to ensure that your home comfort system is in the best possible working order. We provide you with services like air conditioning maintenance to keep the AC in your Schenectady home running properly year after year. And, we offer comprehensive maintenance plans, so you’ll know you’re getting the best air conditioning services – and you’ll receive top priority should your system fail and you find yourself in need of repairs.
But, how do you know if you need AC repair for your Schenectady home?
Sometimes, it can be tricky to know when your air conditioning system might need a repair, because the signs aren’t always obvious. But, there are a few telltale signs that you should be looking for if you think the cooling system in your Schenectady home isn’t operating properly.
- Age of Equipment: The older your air conditioning system is, the more likely it will start to need repairs. While there are many factors that come into play when it comes to the longevity of a unit (regular maintenance, quality of equipment, etc.), systems that are 10 years older or more are more likely to experience some sort of breakdown.
- History of Repairs: If you’ve noticed that in recent years, your system seems to need repairs often, you probably should take note when your AC seems “off.” Aging equipment is just more likely to need repairs than newer equipment, especially if you tend to run your air conditioner a lot. You should note, however, that if your repair bills seem to be steadily increasing, it may be more cost effective to replace.
- Energy Bills: Energy bills that are on the rise – while you’re seeing no improvement in home comfort – could be an indicator that something is amiss with your system. If this is a problem and you haven’t already, check your filter first. If it’s dirty, there’s a good chance that seemingly small factor could be causing your AC to use more energy than necessary. Not sure how to check it? Family Danz will be happy to help.
- Unusual Noises: If the AC in your Schenectady home is making any noises out of the ordinary, this is likely a sign that some sort of repair is required. If you hear squealing or grinding when you turn on your unit, you should turn it off and call in a repair professional as soon as possible.
- System Failure: Obviously, if your cooling system is not turning on, there is likely an issue that needs to be addressed quickly. Check your thermostat first, and if that seems like it’s in good working order, call in the professionals.
No matter what AC service you need for your Schenectady home, Family Danz can help.
Regardless of your need, you’ll be able to keep your Schenectady home cool and comfortable all summer long when you choose Family Danz. Aside from air conditioning repair services, we also proudly offer AC installation and maintenance as well. We’re ready to assist you with any cooling need you may have – simply call us at 518.427.8685 and we’ll be glad to help.