Once the chillier temperatures return to our area, chances are we’ll need to run our heating systems more often in order to keep our homes nice and toasty. While we all love the warm comfort our furnaces provide, unfortunately forced-air heating can also dry the air in our homes. And, if the air becomes too dry, it can cause awhole host of problems.
Nobody wants to deal with the issues caused by dry home conditions. Are you concerned that the air in your home may be overly dry? In this article, we’ll talk about how you can tell if your home is too dry this winter, and how Family Danz can help you add moisture to the air and help you and your family enjoy better home comfort. Keep reading to learn more!
5 Signs Your Home’s Air is Too Dry
If you suspect that the air in your home lacks moisture, here are five tell-tale signs that indicate you need better home humidification:
- Itchy, flaky skin. Noticing that your skin is itchy and flaky? While dry skin is a common problem during the winter months, if your home is too dry it can make it even worse. If you have severely dry skin, you might want to consider adding moisture to your home’s environment during the winter months.
- Static cling. Do blankets and sheets crackle and cling when you try to make your bed? Do your clothes ride up and do you find the occasional sock clinging to your shirt or pant leg? Then static cling is a problem in your home, as is often the case when indoor air is too dry.
- Runny nose and watering eyes. It might seem like the exact opposite would be true, but when the air in your home is too dry, you might experience a runny nose and watering eyes. This is because the membranes of your nose and eyes are actually dehydrated, and your body is compensating by producing excessive mucous or tears.
- Creaky floorboards and furniture. Wooden fixtures in your home need moisture in order to stay in good condition. Very dry environments can cause wood floors and furniture to creak, and in some cases, the wood can warp and crack.
- Flyaway hair. Does your hair seem to have a mind of its own during the winter, no matter how well-conditioned it is? If your hair is frizzy and flyaway, it’s likely a victim of static, which as we mentioned above is caused by indoor air that lacks the proper level of humidity.
How can Family Danz help with my home humidification needs?
At Family Danz, it’s always important to us that you stay as comfortable as possible in your home. That goes beyond home heating and cooling to include indoor air quality products and services. We’re pleased to offer our customers Bryant® whole house humidifiers. These quality systems help add moisture to the air in your home, helping to keep static cling and physical ailments like dry skin at bay.
Our Bryant whole-house humidifiers easily tie into your heating system to provide a convenient, effective whole-home solution. They work with your furnace and duct system, delivering moisturized air throughout your home. If you’d like to learn more about our home humidification solutions, call Family Danz today at (518) 427-8685 and get the quality service that you expect from a company you know and trust.