Even though it’s early in the fall season, many people are starting to think about the holiday season and the cooler weather that comes with it. Autumn is a great time to make sure your home is ready for the chillier weather – and the holiday guests – to come. If you have a room that would be perfect for guests, but lacks an adequate heating system, there’s good news.
Ductless heating is a perfect choice for areas in your home that don’t have access to your home’s central heating system. Additions, converted garages and attics, and finished basements can all benefit from a ductless heating system. In this article, we’ll talk about the many benefits of ductless heating, and how Family Danz can help.
How can a ductless heating system make my home more comfortable?
If you have an area in your home that you’re currently keeping warm with a space heater, you may want to consider ductless heating. A ductless unit can be installed easily with minimal construction – usually within one day, depending on your home. Ductless systems generally operate using a heat pump and are highly efficient as a result; often much more efficient than a typical space heater.
Of course, you may have heard that ductless systems aren’t a great option in the Albany area because of the cold temperatures we often experience. While it’s true that in the past, heat pumps wouldn’t work properly once outside temperatures dipped down, today’s heat pumps are made for cold climates. That makes them a great option for heating an addition or converted space in your home.
What are the benefits of a ductless heat pump system?
As we’ve already mentioned, ductless heating systems are a terrific choice for heating a space in your home that doesn’t have ductwork. Here are a few more reasons why you might want to consider ductless for your home, according to NYS Clean Heat:
- Better Efficiency: Ductless heat pump systems are highly energy efficient, and the cost of operation is usually less than a propane or an electric space heating option.
- Cleaner Heating: Because heat pumps don’t use fossil fuels, you can count on them to provide cleaner heat in your home. Additionally, you won’t have to worry about dangerous carbon monoxide emissions like you would with propane or kerosene-burning space heaters.
- Better Year-Round Comfort: As an added bonus, ductless heat pumps can be reversed in the summer months, providing cooling to your space. No more clunky, noisy, and inefficient window air conditioners!
- Quiet Operation: Ductless systems are notoriously whisper-quiet, making them a great choice for comfort control in a guest bedroom or home theater room. You won’t be competing with the buzz of a space heater or the hum of a window AC.
- Easy Maintenance: Ductless heating and cooling is easy to maintain. As a homeowner, you can easily clean the outside of the unit with a damp cloth, and most ductless systems have filters that are simple to remove and clean. Yearly maintenance from the professionals at Family Danz is all you need to ensure your ductless system will work effectively and efficiently all year!
I think ductless would be a great choice for my home. Can Family Danz help?
At Family Danz, we’re pleased to offer a complete listing of ductless services to our customers. We offer maintenance and repair, as well as the installation of high-quality Mitsubishi ductless products. If you’d like to learn more about ductless heating for your home, Family Danz Heating & Cooling a call at (518) 427-8685. We’ll tell you about the different options for ductless cooling and heating, and help you find the solution that best suits your needs.