For many years, people only had a couple of options when it came to home air conditioning. They would either need to choose central air conditioning or window air conditioners. While central air conditioning can be very effective and efficient, it isn’t an option for homes without ductwork. And, anyone with window air conditioning knows it can be loud, clunky, and is not always energy efficient.
In recent years, though, more and more people are discovering ductless cooling. This type of system is quiet, highly efficient, simple to install, and best of all, offers cooling without the need for ductwork. For applications where adding ductwork is either impossible or impractical, ductless is an excellent option – whether cooling one room or your entire home. Keep reading to learn more!
5 Reasons Why Ductless May Be Ideal for Your Home
- You have a single space you want to cool. In some instances, you have air conditioning throughout your home, but lack ductwork in a single space, such as a converted garage or addition. In this situation, you may be looking for a more effective solution than window air conditioning. A ductless system can easily be installed high on a wall or ceiling and can provide you with targeted comfort for that space.
- You have baseboard heating in your home. Homes that have baseboard heating often don’t have ductwork, and that can mean you either don’t have air conditioning or rely on window AC to keep cool. If that’s the case, ductless cooling can provide you with a less obtrusive, more efficient way to cool your entire home. And, many ductless systems also provide heating in the winter, so if you need to replace your old baseboard heat, ductless can offer a year-round home comfort solution.
- You don’t have ductwork. As we mentioned above, some homes have heating systems (like baseboard and/or radiant heat) that don’t require a central ductwork system. For situations like this, ductless can be a perfect choice. Ductless systems do not require ductwork in order to operate, as there are single units per room or zone in your home, allowing you targeted, room-by-room comfort.
- You would like a year-round home comfort solution. While some ductless systems provide cooling exclusively, there are some systems that also offer heating in the winter. This is a great choice if you have an occasional space in your home that you’d like to be able to use all year, or in the instances described above. Additionally, ductless systems are generally highly efficient and will provide you with much better energy efficiency than most window air conditioners or space heaters can provide.
- You need to balance your current air conditioning system. Occasionally, your home’s central air conditioning system may have to work extra hard to provide cooling throughout your home. This can be because you’ve added floor space, or your home’s build makes it difficult for the conditioned air to flow properly throughout your home. Adding a ductless unit to a hard-to-reach space may make it easier for your central air to do its job – helping it perform more effectively and efficiently.
Can Family Danz provide the ductless installation I need?
Family Danz is pleased to offer our customers high-quality ductless products, installed by our professional technicians. Our ductless systems are available in many different configurations, whether you need cooling in one specific area or all throughout your home. If you’d like to learn more about how we can help you get better cooling for your home, give us a call at (518) 427-8685. We’ll be happy to schedule an appointment with you at your convenience.