With the costs of heating oil on the rise, you might be wondering if there are ways you can stretch your fuel dollars this fall and winter. Of course, you want to keep your family cozy and warm, but you also don’t want to break the bank on fuel oil. Fortunately, there are a few steps you can take that can help keep your home more comfortable, and hopefully, save some money on heating costs.
5 Tips to Help Stretch Your Fuel Budget
- Make sure you have good insulation. One of the most important steps you can take toward a more energy-efficient home is by making sure you have the proper levels of insulation. Insulation helps keep the warm air inside and the cool air out, and that allows your heating system to work more effectively.
- Hang heavier curtains or drapes. Windows are often a spot in your home where warm air can leak out, and cool air can enter. Make sure your windows are adequately weatherproofed, and choose heavier curtains or drapes to help act as another layer against the chilly outdoor air.
- Free up your heating vents. If you have anything around your heating vents that could be blocking maximum airflow, be sure to move it. Obstructions not only prevent the flow of heated air throughout your home, but they can also make your furnace have to work harder – and, as a result, use more fuel.
- Consider zoning in larger homes. If you live in a larger or multi-story home, you may want to consider zoning. Zoning can be done for you by your HVAC contractor and provides customized temperature zones throughout your home. That way, you and your family will enjoy better comfort – and improved efficiency.
- Use a programmable or smart thermostat. Programmable thermostats can be set at different temperatures for when you’re awake, away from home, or sleeping. Basically, you can just set it and forget it. That way, you won’t have to worry that you left the furnace at a higher temperature while at work. A smart thermostat takes it one step further by “learning” your habits and adjusting accordingly.
Of course, Family Danz wants to help you stay as comfortable as possible.
When you choose Family Danz for your heating needs, we can make sure that your home’s heating system is operating as effectively and efficiently as possible. And, we can provide you with quality fuel oil at the best possible price. We have the current cost per gallon on our website at all times, and we can help you choose a fuel oil budget plan that’s right for your consumption needs, and your wallet.
Don’t let the cost of today’s oil prices keep you from getting the fuel you need – choose a trustworthy, reliable fuel oil delivery company to help you with your home and business heating oil needs. Give Family Danz Heating & Cooling a call today at (518) 427-8685 to find out more about how choosing us for your fuel needs can help you stay warm all winter long – without breaking the bank!