As more and more people are working from home, they’re finding it necessary to make use of all of their spaces, year-round. Many people are converting areas like seasonal rooms, finished basements, and converted garages and attics into office space. But, they might find these spaces that are only used during milder months uncomfortable when it gets hot in the summer and cold in the winter. Often, these spaces don’t have access to the home’s duct system, and it can be an expensive, messy venture to add ductwork. Fortunately, there is a solution – ductless cooling and heating.
Just like the name suggests, ductless systems operate without having to add ductwork, making them a great choice for areas in your home where adding ductwork is either impossible or impractical. And aside from providing a comfort solution, there are many additional benefits to ductless cooling and heating that many homeowners are unaware of. In this article, we’ll explain some of these benefits, and how ductless can enhance your home – and help create additional living space year-round.
Five Benefits of Ductless Cooling & Heating
If you have a space in your home that needs year-round climate control, but doesn’t have access to your home’s duct system, then ductless may just be the solution for you. Here are some benefits that you’ll enjoy when you install ductless:
- Ductless cooling and heating systems are unobtrusive. If you’re currently using room heating or air conditioning for climate control, you know they can take up some of the living space in your room. Since ductless is mounted on a wall or ceiling, it won’t take up floor space or block your window view.
- Ductless systems can help improve indoor air quality. Because they have filters at the source, they’ll trap any tiny particles like dust, dirt, and pollen, preventing it from circulating around the room. The air will be fresher and cleaner, which is especially helpful for those suffering from allergies.
- Ductless cooling and heating is energy-efficient. Most ductless systems utilize heat pump technology to operate, which is one of the most efficient methods of cooling and heating around. And, because your ductless system will provide climate control for the space in which it’s installed, your home comfort system won’t have to work as hard to cool or heat that space – helping you save on energy bills.
- Ductless systems are easy to operate. Most ductless cooling and heating systems are operated via remote control, allowing you to adjust the temperature easily, with just the touch of a button.
- With ductless heating and cooling, you’ll only notice the comfort – not the noise. Ductless systems are engineered to operate quietly, unlike window air conditioning units or space heaters, which can be loud. Ductless systems are whisper-quiet when they operate.
How can I get ductless for my home?
Getting the ductless cooling and heating system you need is as easy as calling Family Danz. And, because they’re simple to install and require minimal construction work, your new system will be up and running quickly – allowing you to enjoy comfort before you know it! If you think ductless might be the right solution for your home comfort needs, just give us a call at 518.427.8685, and we’ll be happy to schedule an appointment with you.