When the temperatures are at their highest, staying cool can be a challenge. Even if you have air conditioning in your home, beating the heat on the hottest summer days can be difficult. Not to mention, when it’s hot outside, your home’s AC system has to work harder – and that can use a lot of extra energy.
Of course, the more energy your system uses, the more your utility bills will be. Fortunately, there are ways you can help keep your home cooler during those sweltering days. The best part? It’s easy and costs very little to take these suggested measures – helping you save energy and money, all summer long!
These five tips can keep your home cooler, and help your AC system work more efficiently:
- Reverse your ceiling fans. Switch your ceiling fan so the blades are rotating in a counter-clockwise position. This will push the warm air toward the ceiling rather than in your living space.
- Close the blinds. Keeping the sunlight out of your living space can help keep it cooler, especially in those rooms that tend to get direct sunlight during the day.
- Make sure your AC is up to par. Making sure your air conditioning system is running properly helps ensure a cooler home. Annual maintenance helps!
- Switch to LED lightbulbs. Incandescent lightbulbs give off heat, whereas LED bulbs give off much, much less. And, LED bulbs are more efficient, helping you save energy, too!
- Use your slow cooker or grill. Turning on the stove or oven heats your home up, but using your slow cooker, or your outdoor grill, keeps you cooking – and cooler!
As you can see, taking steps to keep your home cooler during the summer are simple and affordable – helping you and your family enjoy better comfort, no matter how hot it gets outside. And, you can trust Family Danz to make sure your system is well-maintained. Don’t have air conditioning and would like to learn more? We can help you with that, too!
Family Danz can help you make sure your air conditioning system is operating effectively and efficiently.
If you have questions about keeping your home cooler in the summer, and making sure your air conditioning system is working at its most efficient best, Family Danz can help. Our expert technicians can provide you with the air conditioning maintenance you need.
Just give us a call at (518) 427-8685 and we’ll help you find the right solution for your budget.
Please note – we treat our customers like family, and as such your safety is our top priority. We are following stringent CDC guidelines to help you stay safe and comfortable.