When you’re working on a healthier lifestyle, sometimes it means you have to give up some favorites. Many people look forward to the Golden Arches’ St. Patrick’s Day staple, the Shamrock Shake. However, those minty little treats are loaded with ingredients that aren’t exactly the best for us, not to mention nearly 900 calories per 22-ounce cup!
The recipe we’re sharing comes in at 1/3 of the calories and is full of healthy ingredients that are actually good for you! It’s easy to whip up in your bullet style blender, and satisfies paleo, vegan and keto diets alike. This recipe makes two servings, so you can share with a friend! We hope you enjoy!
Healthier Shamrock Shake
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 medium avocado
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ to ½ tsp. mint extract
- Pinch of salt
- Sweetener (like erythritol or stevia) to taste
- 1 cup ice
- Water (if needed)
- Mint leaves (a few, if desired)
- Add coconut milk, avocado, vanilla extract, mint extract, salt, sweetener and mint leaves to a blender. Blend until creamy and smooth.
- Add in ice, blend until thick and creamy, adding a little water if needed.
- Serve with homemade whipped cream if desired.