Nothing says love quite like a sweet treat made from the heart. If you’re looking for something special to give your sweethearts this Valentine’s Day, why not consider making something yourself? In honor of the month of hearts and flowers, we’re sharing a recipe for cherry kiss cookies from Taste of Home. These delicious cookies are perfect to give to someone special. Whether you’re making them for a loved one, your co-workers, your child’s teacher or a friend, they’re sure to be appreciated!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. maraschino cherry juice
- ½ tsp. almond extract
- 6 drops red food coloring (optional)
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 54 milk chocolate kisses, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar and salt until blended. Add in cherry juice, extract and food coloring. Gradually stir in flour. Stir in chopped cherries.
- Shape dough into 1” balls and place 1” apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. As soon as you remove from oven, press a chocolate kiss into the center of each. Edges may crack a little. Cool on cookie sheet for two minutes, and remove to wire racks to finish cooling.
If you haven’t had annual maintenance done on your furnace this year, why not show it a little love this February and schedule an appointment with us? Getting preventive maintenance will keep your furnace running all winter long. Just give us a call and we’ll be happy to set up a heating maintenance appointment with you.