Colder weather will soon settle into the Capital District, and that means the heating system in your Albany home will soon be busy. If you’re concerned about the health of your heating system this winter, it could be time to call Family Danz. Often, there are warning signs that let you know you’re in for some heating repair services. If you’re on the lookout for them, you’ll know when an issue is about to arise – and take proactive measures. Most likely, trouble with your furnace or boiler started well before this heating season.
Here are some important questions to ask yourself if you have heating system concerns, as they can be signs you need heating repair in your Albany home:
- Did you notice your heating bills were higher than normal last year? If you answered yes, it might mean your system was working harder than it should have been. Or, if you have an older heating system, it may simply be losing efficiency.
- Did you notice some rooms were warmer, or colder, than others? If so, it may not necessarily mean you need heating repair in your Albany home. It may, however, require some balancing and adjustments to your ductwork, which is a job for your heating contractor.
- Did you have your furnace maintained by an HVAC professional? If you answered no, you may have some problems. Heating maintenance helps ensure all parts are well-oiled, no minor issues exist, and filters are clean.
- Did you notice knocking or pinging sounds when you started up your system? If you have a radiator system, these noises can be common, but shouldn’t be too loud. If your furnace is making loud noises, especially screeching, banging or grinding ones, then you likely need heating repair for your Albany home right away.
- Did you notice a smell that wouldn’t go away when you started up your system? It’s normal for there to be a “basement-like,” musty smell when you first turn on your furnace. After all, it’s sat dormant for months. But if the smell lingers, you likely need a filter change. Of course, in the event of a burning odor, turn your furnace off right away and call your HVAC dealer. If you smell gas, leave your home immediately and call the fire department.
You should know, you can count on Family Danz to help when you need heating repair for your Albany home. Our highly skilled technicians can help you, no matter what your heating concerns may be. Your comfort and safety are always our number one priority, and we always treat you like family. We can repair virtually any make and model of home heating equipment, and we’re happy to help you should you need a furnace or boiler replacement. Plus, we offer annual maintenance plans that will keep your heating system in great shape, this winter and for years to come.
So when you need heating repair for your Albany home, Family Danz is ready to assist you. Simply call us at (518) 427-8685 and we will be more than happy to help meet your needs.