Fall is here, and so are all the delicious tastes of the season. Pumpkin spice abounds, and apples are literally everywhere. Whether you like to pick them yourself, or enjoy the great fall sales on them at the supermarket, there is no better time of the year than right now to enjoy fresh, ripe apples. Of course, they’re tasty just to grab and snack on, but there are so many different ways to enjoy them. Sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar, baked into a pie, or, one of our favorite ways – covered in yummy caramel! We’re sharing a fun recipe for caramel apples with you from Allrecipes – they’re super easy to make, but one thing’s for sure – they won’t last long!
- 6 apples, washed to remove any traces of wax and refrigerated
- 1 14-oz. package of individually wrapped caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Sprinkles, chopped nuts, mini candies or anything you’d like to garnish apples (optional)
- 6 wooden craft sticks
- Remove stems from apples and press a craft stick into the top. Butter a baking sheet (you can use cooking spray as well).
- Place caramels and milk in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for two minutes, stirring at one minute. Allow to cool briefly.
- Roll each apple in the caramel sauce until coated well. Place on buttered baking sheet to set.
- While apples are tacky to the touch, if desired decorate with nuts, sprinkles or candies.
Sticky situations are good when it comes to enjoying caramel apples, but not so good when it comes to your home’s heating system. If your heating system isn’t running the way you’d like, you can count on Family Danz to help. We can repair virtually any make or model of furnace or boiler, so just give us a call at the first sign of trouble and we will be more than happy to assist you.