Cinco de Mayo, Spanish for “Fifth of May,” is a celebration that commemorates the Mexican Army’s victory over France at the Battle of Puebla, which took place on May 5, 1862. Now often celebrated in the United States, the holiday often is spent enjoying Mexican food, drinks, culture and music. Many people enjoy creating delicious dishes with Mexican flair for their families on the holiday.
If you’ve been looking for a great dish to serve your family this Cinco de Mayo, but you’d also like something healthy and nutritious, why not try this recipe for taco stuffed peppers, courtesy of Delish? We think you’ll love it!
Taco Stuffed Peppers
- Extra virgin olive oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lb. ground beef
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- 3 bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- Pico de gallo, hot sauce and lime wedges, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Spray a large baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, heat about 1 tbsp. olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic; cook about 1 minute more. Add ground beef and cook until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Drain fat.
- Add chili powder, cumin and paprika to beef mixture; season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle bell peppers with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place peppers into prepared baking dish. Spoon meat mixture into each pepper. Top with cheese, bake about 20 minutes.
- Top each pepper with lettuce and serve with pico de gallo, hot sauce and lime wedges.
If you’re feeling muy caluroso (too warm) this Cinco de Mayo, it might be time for air conditioning in your home. When you call us, we can help you get the best air conditioning for your home, your family and your lifestyle. Just give us a call at 518.427.8685 and we’ll be more than happy to help you!